Working With An Agent
A good Realtor® can show you more suitable properties, offer valuable advice, and coach you through the entire home buying process.
Do I Really Need To Use A Realtor®?
You can do your home search by yourself, but why would you? With an experienced Champion Realty sales associate at your side, finding the perfect home is easier, faster and a lot more fun.
And you’ll save time. Yet many buyers still spend endless hours pouring through classified ads, driving all over town, and viewing dozens of unsuitable properties –– simply because they haven’t connected with a Realtor®.
Some people think that if they have several agents looking for homes on their behalf, they’ll find a house more quickly. Like most relationships, the buyer-agent relationship thrives on communication, loyalty and trust. By working exclusively with one agent, you’ll improve both the process and the results.
Finding The Right Agent For You
Chemistry is important. So are credentials. Above all, you’ll want an experienced agent who has the resources of a leading real estate firm behind them-a firm such as Champion Realty.
Some helpful hints on finding and working with a Realtor®:
- Ask friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers for referrals.
- Trust your intuition.
- Share with your sales associate as much as possible about your lifestyle, tastes, needs and dreams for your home.
- Focus your search on a few geographic areas.
Plus ask them some of the following questions:
- How well do you know the area(s) that interest me?
- An agent who knows the area or neighborhood you are interested in is extremely beneficial to you.
- How many other buyers and sellers do you currently represent?
- You want an agent who will give you personalized attention, answer your calls quickly and communicate with you often. Keepin mind, though, many busy, experienced agents are the most efficient.
- Will you handle all aspects of my transaction or will you delegate some tasks to a sales associate or administrative assistant? If you choose to work with a busy agent, a knowledgeable assistant can be very helpful when you have questions or need immediate attention.
- Will you give me a list of homes you sold in the last 12 months?
- Contact some clients that have worked with the agent and ask them about their experience. The list should contain addresses, property types, names of sellers or buyers, sale dates and prices. Ask the agent for testimonials from satisfied customers.